Claims Handling Marine
Offering Claims Services for Marine
Manufacturers, operators and insurance providers working in the maritime sector face many challenges and damage risk. DEKRA experts conduct comprehensive risk mitigation, cargo surveying and liability services on behalf of insurers, brokers, carriers and corporations designed to handle claims unique to the shipping industry.
About Claims Handling Marine
DEKRA Claims Services is a global leader in end-to-end marine claims management services. We deliver one-stop cargo claims handling on behalf of insurers, manufacturers and distributors, and our offering covers all types of products and transport modes, including ocean, inland waterway, road, rail and air carriage.
We can monitor and co-ordinate multiple incidents simultaneously more than 52 countries and in 14 languages. DEKRA Claims Services manages more than 15,000 marine claims every year on behalf of major insurers, captives, brokers, carriers and corporations.
- Advice and training on how to avoid accidents
- Cargo: assessment of method and suitability of packaging materials, loading, securing and stowage
- Guidance on correct loading procedures
- Certification and assessment of containers and vehicles
- Escort for goods in transit
- Pre-shipment and discharge surveys
- Container inspections
- Independent damage assessment by DEKRA experts or approved partners
- Objective and neutral 3rd party reporting
- Systematic fact-finding process on nature, cause and the extent of loss
- Liability assessment
- Loss adjustment
- Liaising with other partners/parties involved and layers of insurance
- Protection of recovery rights