Non-Periodic Inspections of Machinery and Equipment
Mandatory or Expediting Initial and Non-Periodical Inspections of Machinery, Devices and Equipment as well as of Playgrounds and Sport Facilities
DEKRA assists manufacturers by providing a wide range of non-periodical inspection services for a wide variety of machinery and equipment. There are numerous situations in which national legislations call for mandatory inspections of machinery and equipment to be carried out by an approved inspection body or qualified person. DEKRA is accredited to carry out such work in many countries around the world.
About Non-Periodical Inspections
With our comprehensive know-how and many years of practical experience, DEKRA’s experts are fully accredited to offer support in initial and non-periodical inspections of machinery and equipment, railway vehicles, industrial lifting equipment and of playgrounds and sport facilities equipment. Our customers have to fulfil different national regulations for machinery and equipment or, if they are not the owner or the main user, they are required to deliver inspection reports to their customer.
The non-periodical inspection of machinery and equipment includes the following individual services:
- First Inspection, including a design review
- Inspection after accidents or damages for national regulations or for insurance. Investigation can include material testing delivered from one hand.
- Inspection after modification if this is related to safety, including a design review
- State assessment
- Customer specified checks
- Inspection and stress simulation on railway bogies for wear-based maintenance that could affect a prolongation of overhaul interval as well as testing of railway vehicle signal systems integrity
The non-periodical inspection services are offered on a wide range of machinery and equipment that includes at least:
- Machinery and Equipment for production, storage, handling and lifting goods, materials and products as well as for maintenance tasks on vehicles, buildings or traffic equipment. It includes machinery or devices connected to any kind of vehicle and construction machinery as excavators.
- Machinery for lifting or transport persons or persons and goods as well as ladders, fall protection systems, chain hoists (also in wind energy turbines) and sling gear
- Aviation equipment as well as railway vehicles and their bogies
- Equipment for theaters, sports facilities (suspended loads), on playgrounds and in amusement parks as well as temporary buildings as stages and funfair devices
According to the specific national regulations the inspection is done for selected equipment as a 3rd party organization or person and for any other equipment and for additional services on all equipment as a 2nd party service.